Digestive Health Center
The University of Maryland Digestive Health Center provides expert comprehensive services for the treatment of adults and children with gastrointestinal (GI) diseases. We offer a wide range of diagnostic, surgical and therapeutic procedures aimed at improving patients' quality of life.
The UM digestive health team treats conditions, which include:
- Barrett's esophagus, as well as GERD, which can often precede it
- IBD, including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Heartburn and indigestion
Our team has offices on three different floors of the hospital:
- Physician Offices: 8th Floor, North Elevator
- GI Endoscopy Lab: 3rd and 7th Floor, North Elevator (See your GI endoscopy procedure instructions for where you should go.)
- DHC Infusion Center: 7th Floor, North Elevator
About Our Facilities
- A state-of-the-art endoscopy laboratory that provides a full range of endoscopic, diagnostic and therapeutic treatment options, including IBD infusion services
- One of the most technologically advanced operating rooms/surgical facilities in the United States
- Cutting-edge cancer facilities, including a new outpatient center in the UM Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center that provides one-stop cancer care
IBD Infusion Services
The Infusion Services at the Digestive Health Center offers several services, including:
- Infusion of biologic therapies (Remicade, Tysabri and other investigational agents)
- Intravenous iron repletion
- Fluid repletion
Infusions are done Monday through Friday. The first session begins at 8 am and the second at 12 pm. Please arrive on time to minimize your wait and that of the patients scheduled for the afternoon sessions.
The room accommodates five recliner infusion chairs, with partitions for your privacy. Additional amenities include personal flat screen televisions and phone headsets. One visitor is allowed per patient. You may bring your own food or beverages.