Apply to the Innovation Challenge in two steps:
Step 1: Intent to Apply
Intent to Apply Deadline: September 15, 2023 at 11:59pm
The Intent to Apply Submission includes the following sections:
- Award category you are applying to
- Name(s) of team members
- One UMMC Employee ID Number Required
- Submit a screenshot of the header of one team member's UMMC pay stub. The screenshot should only include the UMMC logo, employee's name and employee ID number found at the top of the pay stub. Omit all personal compensation details. See example and instructions to access your UMMC pay stub.
- Resume, CV, bio sketch, or a brief statement of experience for all team members
- Demographic information
- Title of innovation
- Short description of innovation
After you submit the Intent to Apply, you will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your submission.
If you qualify to apply, you will receive an email notification inviting you to submit a Full Application within three business days.APPLY HERE
Step 2: Full Application
Full Application Deadline: October 6, 2023 at 11:59pm
The Full Application submission is approximately two pages and includes the following sections:
- Description of your innovation (300-word limit)
- Statement of purpose (300-word limit)
- Impact of your solution (300-word limit)
- Outline of your milestones (300-word limit)
- Deliverables (300-word limit)
- Budget (Excel template within Application)
- Sustainability (300-word limit)
- Optional: Supplemental documentation (tables, references, images, etc.)
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email that your submission has been received.
Applications will be reviewed by the Innovation Challenge Selection Committee beginning on Tuesday, October 10, 2023. If the Selection Committee has any follow up questions about your application, you will be notified via email.
Pitch Day Event
Top $125k Finalists Only
Applicants for awards of up to $125k will include a finalist round. If you are chosen as a top finalist, you will be asked to present your idea to a panel of judges at the Pitch Day Event on Friday, December 8, 2023, between 12:30-4:00pm. Applicants chosen to present at Pitch Day will be notified via email on November 17, 2023 by end of day, and a standard presentation template will be shared.