Shock Trauma Patient Care Services
Call for patient information:410-328-6110 410-328-6110
The Department of Patient Care Services is responsible for the provision of nursing care to patients and for the coordination and enhancement of communication between the multiple health care disciplines involved in providing patient care.
The Patient Care Services staff are experts in providing care for trauma patients. Because of their singular focus on the art and science of trauma nursing, they develop highly specialized knowledge and skills. They are well recognized across the country for their expertise as care providers, teachers, preceptors, presenters and authors.
The staff's proactive efforts across the continuum of care play a key role in fulfilling Shock Trauma's mission to eradicate preventable death and disability. They stand ready 24 hours a day to serve the Citizens of the State of Maryland and beyond.
We commit to:
- An interdisciplinary team approach to provide our community, the state of Maryland and the region with high quality and cost efficient health care.
- A patient/family-driven process of care based on respect for their informed decisions.
- A continuum of care that maintains patient confidentiality and dignity within a caring environment.
- A high performance workplace which demands that we solve problems, continuously learn, think critically and self-manage.
- Respect for all team members and their individual role, experiences, diversity and uniqueness.