Emergency Medical Services Office Roles
The EMS Office can:
- Assist the EMS providers in the identification and resolution of any concerns related to the Shock Trauma Center.
- Propose and assist in the development of new programs and services designed to meet the educational needs of the prehospital providers.
- Plan, organize and coordinate continuing educational opportunities for the EMS community, including but not limited to clinical observations, evening educational programs, tours and airway labs.
- Provide patient feedback for prehospital providers.
- Supervise and coordinate prehospital provider equipment retrieval and return to the appropriate agency.
- Represent the Shock Trauma Center at EMS conferences statewide.
- Assist in the development of Shock Trauma legislative initiatives involving prehospital provider issues.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the hero award ceremony for the annual Shock Trauma Gala.
- Assist with the development of local and regional disaster exercises. Serve as liaison to local and state emergency management agencies in the development of emergency preparedness plans.
- Plan and promote the development and implementation of prehospital research projects in selected jurisdictions in conjunction with hospital research initiatives.
EMS Providers: For all patient feedback, please call 410-328-8844.