Emergency Medical Services Office Roles
The EMS Office can:
- Assist the EMS providers in the identification and resolution of any concerns related to the Shock Trauma Center.
- Propose and assist in the development of new programs and services designed to meet the educational needs of the prehospital providers.
- Plan, organize and coordinate continuing educational opportunities for the EMS community, including but not limited to clinical observations, evening educational programs, tours and airway labs.
- Provide patient feedback for prehospital providers.
- Supervise and coordinate prehospital provider equipment retrieval and return to the appropriate agency.
- Represent the Shock Trauma Center at EMS conferences statewide.
- Assist in the development of Shock Trauma legislative initiatives involving prehospital provider issues.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the hero award ceremony for the annual Shock Trauma Gala.
- Assist with the development of local and regional disaster exercises. Serve as liaison to local and state emergency management agencies in the development of emergency preparedness plans. Plan and promote the development and implementation of prehospital research projects in selected jurisdictions in conjunction with hospital research initiatives.
EMS Providers: For all patient feedback, please call 410-328-8844.