Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
Call for appointment:410-328-0586 410-328-0586
At the University of Maryland Medical Center, we offer the latest treatments as you recover from your surgery, injury or disease.
Our team specializes in physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and pediatric rehabilitation.
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational Therapists work to restore hand and arm function following an injury and promote return to independence with daily activities (self-care, home tasks, work duties).
Physical Therapy (PT)
Physical Therapists focus on improvement in functional activities such as standing, walking, returning to work or sports activities in addition to pain reduction following an injury.
Speech Language Pathology (SLP)
Speech Language Pathologists offer assessment and treatment of problems with swallowing, cognition (problem solving, memory, word finding), speech and voice disorders.
Each discipline (OT, PT, SLP) provides specialized outpatient services for children from birth to age 17. OT and PT treatment focus on helping children achieve gross and fine motor milestones. SLP addresses swallowing and speech problems.
- Chronic pain
- Cumulative Trauma (Carpal Tunnel, Tendonitis)
- Generalized Weakness
- Impaired function in self care
- Neurological Disorders (CVA, Brain injury, Cancer, MS)
- Orthopaedic Injuries (Fractures, Joint Replacement)
- Poor Balance/Multiple Falls
- Post-Cancer treatment
- Speech/Language Disorder
- Sports Injuries
- Swallowing Disorders
- Vertigo and Dizziness
- Voice Disorders
- Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Developmental Disabilities
- Feeding Disorders
- Gross and Fine
- Motor Delays
- Orthopaedic Injuries
- Sensorimotor Disorders
- Speech/Language Delays
- Custom splinting
- FEES Assessment
- Hand Therapy
- Head/neck cancer rehab with voice prosthesis training
- Manual Therapy
- Modified Barium Swallow Assessment
- Prosthetic Training
- Women's Health (post-mastectomy care, incontinence, pelvic pain, prenatal and post partum pregnancy dysfunction)
- Wound Care