Call for appointment:410-328-4323 410-328-4323
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder that results in spontaneous and recurrent seizures, abnormal electrical discharges that occur in the brain that can cause jerking in the limbs, trouble with speech and/or altered vision.
As a comprehensive, state-of-the-art program for the evaluation and treatment of epilepsy, the University of Maryland Epilepsy Center has the professional expertise and facilities to provide the highest level of medical and surgical services for patients.
Comprehensive Evaluation and Treatment
- Epilepsy surgery for patients with medically intractable seizures
- Advanced new technologies for patients with medically intractable seizures including Neuromodulation – (NeuroPace–Responsive Neurostimulation System (RNS)™, Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)™
- Expertise in the diagnosis of developmental malformations and treatment of genetic epilepsy syndromes
- Multi-disciplinary approach to the evaluation and treatment of mood and anxiety disorders in patients with epilepsy
- Specialized evaluation of sleep disorders in epilepsy
- Treatment of status epilepticus
- Anticonvulsant medication treatment and investigational anti-epileptic drug programs
- Management of epilepsy during pregnancy
- Non-epileptic seizure management and diagnosis
- Routine, ambulatory and video EEG testing
Recognized by the NAEC
The UM Epilepsy Center is accredited by the NAEC as a level 4 epilepsy center. Level 4 epilepsy centers have the professional expertise and facilities to provide the highest level medical and surgical evaluation and treatment for patients with complex epilepsy.
In the News
Locations and Contact Info
You can call 410-328-4323 to reach both locations:
UM Epilepsy Center
22 S. Greene St.
Twelfth Floor, Central Elevators
Baltimore, MD 21201