An accurate diagnosis is the first step to treatment.
Once we have confirmed your specific condition, we can begin tailoring your care plan.
Diagnostic procedures are also used during treatment and recovery to determine if your treatment is working.
Diagnostic tests and evaluations available at the Heart Center include:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Chest CT (computed tomography)
- Chest X-ray
- Coronary calcium scoring/heart scan
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Electrophysiology studies
- Exercise stress tests (treadmill tests)
- Holter monitor
- Event Recorder
- Implantable heart monitoring
- Intravascular coronary ultrasound (IVUS)
- Cardiac Magnetic resonance Imaging (CMR)
- Magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA)
- Nuclear heart scan
- Rubidium PET/CT scanning
- Tilt table test
- Transradial cardiac catheterization
- Transesophageal echocardiography
Watch cardiologist Mark Vesely, MD, explain how your heart works like a house: