How to be an Informed Partner in your IBD Care
Call for appointment:410-706-3387 410-706-3387
To be an informed partner in your own care, it helps to be able to know the following about your IBD:
- Do you know if you have Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, or indeterminate colitis?
- Do you know what part of your intestines are involved?
- Do you know what year you first starting having symptoms (how long you have had IBD)?
- Do you know if you have had any strictures, fistulas, or abscesses in the past?
- Do you know what medicines you have taken in the past? Why did you stop taking each one? Did the medicine improve your symptoms?
- Do you know if you have had surgery for your Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or indeterminate colitis? When did surgery occur? What parts of the intestines were removed?