If you are a patient at UM Upper Chesapeake, learn about the information and services we have for you.
- View Advance Directives information
- View our Social Media Policy
- See our support groups calendar
- View Plan of Care Handbook
To accommodate those who have visual, speech and/or hearing impairments, and/or whose English is limited, we provide assistive devices for use in the hospital at no cost.
Please speak to your nurse or call Guest Services at 443-643-2400 (UM UCMC) or 443-843-5618 (UM HMH) for assistance.
Reporting Concerns or Complaints
If, at any time during your stay, you have questions or concerns about your rights as a patient, or you wish to file a grievance, please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Services department; UM HMH 5618 or UM UCMC 2400. We want to assure you that you can contact these offices without fear of retaliation.
You may also contact the office of Health Care Quality, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 55 Wade Avenue, Bland Bryant Building, Catonsville, MD 21228, 877-402-8212.
You may also contact the following organizations that regulate or accredit the hospitals:
- The Joint Commission. Patients, staff and families may contact them by the following:
- The Joint Commission website. Use the "Report a Patient Safety Event" link in the "Action Center"
- Fax to 630-792-5636
- Mail to The Office of Quality and Patient Safety, The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181
- Office for Civil Right 215-861-4441
- US Food and Drug Administration 888-463-6332.