Shadow and Volunteer Program
This time of year, we welcome many high school seniors preparing for their higher education. We offer both shadow and volunteer opportunities at UM UCH. See below to learn more about how each program.
- Due to liability concerns, you must be at least 18 years old to shadow.
- Shadowing is for those pursuing a health-related career and need a certain number of hours.
- Shadow opportunities can also be pre-arranged with a physician or other provider.
- Our Education Office can assist in your placement and schedule by contacting UMUCHStudents@umm.edu, 443-643-1395.
- Shadowing opportunities are limited to 20 hours.
- Volunteering is an opportunity for ages 16-18.
- You can apply through the Volunteer Office (umuch.org/volunteer) or call 443-643-1725.
- You will be placed based on openings in various hospital units.
- If you are in the Biomed program through one of Harford County’s high schools, Volunteer Services will process your application and connect you with the Human Resources department for placement.