Apply to Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at UM Upper Chesapeake Health.
Applications for volunteers wishing to work during the summer months are due June 1. If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian must complete a parental approval form. Please mail, email or fax this along with you application.
Application or Apply Online
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some additional safeguards have been implemented to protect our volunteers while they serve on our campuses, including:
- All volunteers are required to wear a hospital-issued face shield or approved eye protection and a medical grade surgical mask that tightly covers the mouth and nose. New masks will be issued by the Volunteer Office and must be changed daily.
- Volunteers in patient care areas must have received a COVID-19 vaccination and booster shot (when required by the manufacturer). All volunteers are encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, but only those working in patient care areas are required to.
- Volunteers may begin service in patient care areas three weeks post COVID-19 booster shot. Vaccinations that do not require a booster shot, such as Johnson and Johnson, will be accepted three weeks following vaccination per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Vaccination documentation must be submitted to the Volunteer Office.
- Volunteers are not permitted in COVID-19 patient’s rooms, COVID-19 recovered patient’s rooms, patients under investigation or patients requiring gowns or respirators.
- Volunteers must monitor for possible COVID-19 symptoms (loss of taste or smell, cough, fever, headache, shortness of breath). If any symptoms are present, volunteers should not report for service, notify our Volunteer Office and quarantine for 14 days.
Thank you for your desire to serve our patients and the community! If you have any questions, please call 443-643-1725 (UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center) or 443-843-5355 (UM Harford Memorial Hospital).