For your health and safety, and in light of the growing concerns around COVID-19, we will not be accepting applications at this time. If you have any question, please reach out to the volunteer office.
University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
7601 Osler Drive, Towson, MD 21204
Over 300 loyal volunteers provide essential contributions to the quality of care at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center. That amounts to more than 60,000 hours of compassionate support to our staff members, patients, and their families. Volunteer opportunities exist in both clinical and administrative support environments.
Why Volunteer at St. Joseph?
Reasons for volunteering vary. For students, volunteering is a way to gain valuable work experience in a possible career field, or to earn necessary service hours for high school graduation requirements. For adults, it's a way to stay active and contribute valuable personal skills, or to return, in a personal way, the gift of health received through medical care at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center. Regardless of your reason, everyone experiences the personal satisfaction gained from helping others in need.
If this is what you are looking for, we would like to talk with you. Click on the volunteer program that interests you, review all the details of the volunteer program, and the volunteer agreement requirements. If you qualify and agree to the conditions of service, please print, complete, sign and mail the program application form and volunteer agreement to us.
We do not participate in any court-appointed work programs.
- Adult Volunteer Program – This program is for adults able to commit a minimum of 4 hours per week for at least 6 month per year.
Student Volunteer Programs
- Student Volunteer Program – School Year – This program is for high school and college students during their spring, summer and fall semesters.
- Student Volunteer Program – Summer – This program is for high school students (15 years or older in the 10th through 12th grades) and college students during the summer months of June, July and August.
- Work experience in the medical or medical administrative fields
- Earning of volunteer service hours for school graduation requirements
- Free parking
- Meal discounts
- Gift Shop discounts