Call for appointment:410-820-9823 410-820-9823
UM SMG – Nephrology uses a team approach in the management of your health condition. Our providers will work together to deliver the best possible care.
Please review the following information so that you are prepared for your appointment with us.
Please be on time for your appointment. If you arrive late, it is the provider's decision whether to see you for that appointment or to reschedule.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, refill a prescription or request a lab slip, please log in to your account at MyPortfolio. If you do not have a MyPortfolio account, you can create one.
You may also call our office at 410-820-9823 to have these done.
Insurance and Co-Payments
UM SMG – Nephrology participates with most of the major payers and with a variety of HMOs and other managed care organizations. Please call the office at 410-820-9823 to confirm that we accept your insurance.
Co-payments or any other payments not covered by insurance, including deductibles or out-of-pocket expenses, need be paid at the time of service. We accept checks and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard and Discover).
If your insurance company requires a referral or an authorization, you will need to bring this to your appointment. We won’t be able to see you if you forget your referral or authorization.
These forms needs to be filled out for your first appointment. You may print and fill them out before you come to your appointment or you can fill out these forms when you arrive at the office. Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment if you will be filling out the forms in the office
Before your appointment, please review our Visitor Policy to see our latest rules for outpatient visits.
Please bring the following information to your first appointment:
- Your most recent insurance cards
- Photo ID (such as a driver's license or state ID)
- Medication list or medication bottles
- Any referrals or authorizations that are required by your insurance company
Your first appointment may last approximately an hour and will generally follow this schedule:
- You will need to give a urine sample before you are seated in an exam room.
- Our nursing staff will triage you to gather some basic information and review your medication.
- Your provider will interview you and review your medical history and current medications.
- You will receive a physical exam and discuss your diagnosis and subsequent care plan with your provider.
If required, you will be scheduled for a follow-up visit with the nurse practitioner or the physician, according to your health care needs and provider availability.
These organizations offer support and information in diet, exercise and other kidney care.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.