UM Shore Medical Group - Gastroenterology
Call for appointment:410-822-6005 410-822-6005
UM Shore Medical Group gastroenterologists diagnose, treat and prevent disorders of the digestive system, which includes the esophagus, gallbladder, stomach, small intestine and colon. Our specialists provide medical, surgical and diagnostic services for all disorders and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including:
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Colon, pancreatic and stomach cancers
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
Our specialists can identify risk factors for these and other conditions, and offer treatment options such as:
- Endoscopic ablation: The abnormal esophagus lining is destroyed and healthy tissue is allowed to grow in its place.
- Behavioral modifications: For patients experiencing reflux, small changes to your behavior and types of food can lessen or completely cure symptoms.
Surgery: Usually done to treat dysplasia (precancerous changes to cells in the esophagus) and cancers. Many procedures can be done using minimally invasive techniques.