UM Shore Medical Group - Cardiology
Call for appointment:410-822-5571 410-822-5571
UM Shore Medical Group – Cardiology specialists provide non-invasive treatment and preventive testing to keep your heart healthy and strong. We also provide more advanced procedures if you require them.
- Consultation – pediatric and adult
- Evaluation after heart attack
- Heart monitoring, including electrocardiogram (EKG) and Holter monitoring
- Pacemaker analysis and follow-up
- Risk factor screening
- Stress testing
- Pacemaker implantation (temporary and permanent): A device that delivers electric shocks to the heart to keep it beating at a normal rhythm, pacemakers are usually used when the heart beats too slowly.
- Implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICD): Similar to pacemakers, and many ICDs can act as a pacemaker, ICDs are ideal for patients who may suffer life-threatening arrhythmia.
- Cardiac catheterization: This is a diagnostic test used to find out if you have heart disease or a blockage in any of your valves or arteries.
- Coronary angiography: This is a diagnostic X-ray test used to find out if your coronary arteries are blocked.
- Electrophysiology: This procedure helps identify and treat arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorders).
- Transesophageal echocardiography: This test uses high-frequency sound waves (ultrasound) to produce an image of your heart.
Services Provided In Partnership with University Of Maryland Medical System
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (used to treat coronary artery disease)
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Advanced heart failure treatment and transplant
For your best heart health, see your primary care physician (PCP). Your PCP can recommend how to strengthen your heart and keep you in good cardiovascular fitness. PCPs can also make a referral in the event that your condition requires more specialized monitoring and treatment.
- UM SMG – Cardiology at Cambridge
- UM SMG – Cardiology at Chestertown
- UM SMG – Cardiology at Easton
- UM SMG – Cardiology at Queenstown