For more information call:410-822-1000 410-822-1000
Pediatrics is part of Women's and Children's Services at UM Shore Medical Center at Easton which is a specialized unit providing care for children of any age who are admitted to the hospital and also for female patients of any age, many of whom are recovering from various types of surgery, including breast, gynecological and urological surgery, gall bladder removal or appendectomy. Adult female patients hospitalized for conditions unrelated to surgery may also receive care on this unit.
Keeping your child as comfortable as possible during his or her stay is very important to us. As you prepare for admission, please be sure to pack familiar items from home, including pajamas, underwear, robe, socks, slippers, and a favorite "comfort item" such as a stuffed animal. Be sure to mark all items for easy identification. The unit is stocked with a range of games and toys to help keep your child engaged.
Physician and Advanced Care Providers - Pediatrics
Children are admitted to and cared for on this unit only by providers affiliated with UM Shore Medical Group (UM SMG) – Pediatrics.
Will you need medical care for your child once he or she has been discharged from the hospital? Contact UM SMG - Pediatrics to set up an appointment with one of our experienced physicians or nurse practitioners.
With offices in Easton and Cambridge UM SMG - Pediatrics offers preventive health maintenance for healthy children and medical care for children who are acutely or chronically ill, including routine checkups, immunizations, screening tests and treatment for medically complex conditions.
UM SMG – Pediatrics may be reached as follows:
- Easton office - 410-822-8550
- Cambridge office - 410-228-6161
- Visiting hours for all patients are 8 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; depending on circumstances and space, 24 hour visitation for children may be limited to one parent or guardian.
- Visiting children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult visitor and supervised at all times.
The following services are offered:
- 24-hour camera surveillance and secure unit: Please check with the nurse before you and/or your child leave the inpatient room or the unit.
- Parent rooming in: If you wish to stay overnight with your child, we provide sleep chairs for your convenience.
- Comforts of home: we offer many amenities, including a resource library for educational materials, a family quiet room and a playroom. Each patient's room features a sleep chair and shower facilities, WiFi connectivity and a TV.
Questions? Please contact us at 410-822-1000 ext. 5820.