Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
To schedule an appointment:410-822-1000 410-822-1000
Magnetic Resonance Imaging is a non-invasive test that uses radio waves and a strong magnetic field to create computer-generated images of the body's various tissues. MRI is especially useful in diagnosing spine and joint problems, injuries to ligaments and muscles, and certain tumors and disorders in the abdomen and chest. It can even help spot a stroke in its early stages.
MRI Procedure Preparation
- Wear comfortable clothing without metal fasteners.
- You will be required to remove ALL jewelry, hair pins and metal.
- If your physician gave you a written order, you must bring that order with you .
- Check-in at outpatient registration ½ hour before your appointment.
- Report to Imaging Services after registering.