Fluoroscopy Procedure Preparation
UGI and/or Small Bowel Series
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight or 8 hours before exam.
- Do not smoke or chew gum 8 hours before exam.
BE & IVP
- Please consult your physician if you have kidney liver or heart disease to be sure this preparation is safe for you.
- Take any medication that you normally do with a small amount of water unless directed differently by your physician.
- Clear liquids only, drink at least 8 glasses of water.
- Take one ounce of Milk of Magnesia.
Day 2 - Same as day 1
- 8 p.m. - drink 10 ounces of magnesium citrate.
- 12 midnight - take 3 Dulcolax with one glass of water.
- 7 a.m. day of exam - take one Dulcolax suppository.