To schedule an appointment:410-822-1000 410-822-1000
Cardiac Imaging Procedure Preparation
Procedure preparation for calcium scoring:
- No caffeine, 4 hours before the exam.
- If your physician gave you a written order, you must bring it with you.
- Check-in at outpatient registration 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Report to Imaging Services after registering.
- Your insurance company MAY cover the cost of this test. You will be notified by one of our Financial Counselors regarding coverage of this test.
- If your insurance does not cover the cost of this test, then payment in full is required prior to the exam being done.
Heart Stress/Rest Test
Procedure preparation for heart stress/rest test:
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- No smoking prior to the test.
- Walking shoes and slacks required if having cardiolite stress test.
- Uses treadmill for exercise if having cardiolite stress test.
- Bring all medications.
- No caffeine or decaffeinated beverages or food for 24 hours before test. No chocolate. Juice and water are allowed.
- Expect to have an IV for medication administration.
- Check with your physician if your are taking Beta Blockers, Calcium Channel Blockers or Theophylline.
- Expected time for testing is 4 hours.
- If your physician gave you a written order, you must bring that order with you.
- Check-in at outpatient registration ½ hour before your appointment.
- Report to Imaging Services after registering .