Volunteer at Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton
Since its establishment, the Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton, MD, Inc. has been instrumental in raising funds for various hospital projects and services at University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton. Auxiliary funds are primarily raised through sales at Maggie's Gift Shop, located at the hospital, and at The Bazaar at 121 Federal Street. Annually, the Auxiliary's volunteers give nearly 50,000 hours of time and talent to the hospital for the benefit of the patients in the community.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities with the Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton, MD, Inc., contact the Auxiliary Office at 410-822-1000, extension 5839.
Clinical Volunteer Opportunities
- Cancer Center
- Diagnostic and Imaging Center
- Escort Services
- Hypertension Screening - Free blood pressure screenings are provided by volunteers every Monday through Wednesday from 9 a.m. until Noon at the Diagnostic and Imaging Center located at 10 Martin Court in Easton.
- Rehabilitation Center
- Same Day Surgery
- Outpatient Registration
- Secondary Recovery
- Breast Center
Non-Clinical Volunteer Opportunities
- Information Desk - Volunteers provide information on location and directions to various places in the hospital, issue visitor's passes, monitor the visitor's logs and direct problems or complaints to the appropriate hospital department. Volunteer must use computer for patient room locations. Delivers mail and flowers to patients.
- Library – Volunteers distribute books and magazines weekly throughout the hospital waiting rooms, lobbies and off-site facilities.
- Pandora's Box – Volunteers are supplied with yarn and they knit hats for newborn babies.
Maggie's Gift Shop
Maggie's Gift Shop is operated and staffed by Auxiliary volunteers and offers a variety of gifts, jewelry, books, cards, seasonal decorative items, flowers and snacks. Volunteer duties include sales clerk positions, stocking shelves, general tidying, changing displays and year-end inventory.
The Bazaar at 121 Federal Street
Operated by the Auxiliary to benefit programs and services at the University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton, The Bazaar at 121 Federal Street offers gently used clothing, fashion accessories and small household items.
Shop hours are Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Volunteers assist by sorting, tagging and displaying donated merchandise as well as staffing the store during business hours.
For additional information about volunteer opportunities at The Bazaar at 121 Federal Street, call 410-822-2031.