Outpatient Therapies & Services
Widely recognized for their expert care of professional and college athletes, as well as "weekend warriors," UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute's outpatient therapy programs also offer programs targeting people with spinal cord injuries, stroke or brain injury, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, upper extremity/hand injuries, other orthopaedic injuries, work-related injuries, back injuries and more.
Outpatient Therapy Services at UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
(Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology and Neuropsychology)
Individualized Therapy for the Following Diagnoses:
- Orthopaedic Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mild Brain Injury
- Neurologic Conditions
- Dizziness/Vestibular Problems
- Complex Hand Injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Concussion Program
- VitalStim™ (Swallowing Technology)
- Modified Barium Swallow (MBS)
- Bioness L300™ and L300Plus™
- Bioness H200™
- Bioness Vector
- RT300 Electrical Stimulation Bike
- SaeboFlex Orthotic Device Program
- Brace Walking
- Computerized Seating Pressure Testing
- Vestibular/Balance Services
- Wheelchair Seating Clinic
- Custom Splinting and Bracing
- Prosthetic Training
- Manual Therapy Techniques
- Parkinson's LSVT "LOUD"
UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute offers the following support groups that are open to patients, caregivers and the community. Support groups are specifically tailored to the specialized needs of patients who have undergone a life changing event and rehabilitation process. Learn more about the following support groups, including dates and schedules, by visiting Support Groups.
- Brain Injury (Movin' Ahead)
- Spinal Cord Injury
Adapted Sports Program
Through adapted sports like golf, basketball and rugby, we enable individuals with physical limitations to participate in activities they love. Learn more about the Adapted Sports Program.
For More Information
For further information on any of the outpatient therapy services, call:
- 410-448-6706 (for patients with orthopedic needs and those persons wanting to use the pool)
- 410-448-6421 (for patients with neurological needs).