Outpatient Therapies & Services
UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute has a long history of excellence in providing outpatient rehabilitation. Throughout the years, we have provided a broad array of state-of-the-art outpatient rehabilitation services.
Widely recognized for their expert care of professional and college athletes, as well as "weekend warriors," UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute's outpatient therapy programs also offer programs targeting people with spinal cord injuries, stroke or brain injury, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, upper extremity/hand injuries, other orthopaedic injuries, work-related injuries, back injuries and more.
Our services include, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology and neuropsychology.
Individualized Therapy for the Following Diagnoses:
- Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Blood Flow Restrictive Therapy
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Hand Injuries
- Concussion Program
- Dry Needling
- Mild Brain Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurologic Conditions
- Orthopaedic Injuries
- Parkinson's Disease
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Therapeutic Technology and Interventions
- Bioness L300™ and L300Plus™
- Bioness H200™
- Bioness Vector
- Modified Barium Swallow (MBS)
- RT300 Electrical Stimulation Bike
- SaeboFlex Orthotic Device Program
- VitalStim™ (Swallowing Technology)
- Balance and Vestibular
- Brace Walking
- Computerized Seating Pressure Testing
- Custom Splinting and Bracing
- Manual Therapy Techniques
- Parkinson's LSVT "LOUD"
- Prosthetic Training
- Wheelchair Seating Clinic
Our support groups are tailored to the specialized needs of patients who have undergone a life changing event and rehabilitation process. Open to patients, caregivers and the community, our programs provide support for amputees, stroke, brain injury (Movin' Ahead) and spinal cord injuries.
Learn more about our support groups.
Adapted Sports Program
Through adapted sports like golf, basketball and rugby, we enable individuals with physical limitations to participate in activities they love. Learn more about the Adapted Sports Program.
Outpatient therapy services are available at the following locations:
For More Information
For further information on any of the outpatient therapy services, please call:
- 410-448-6706 (for patients with orthopedic needs and those wanting to use the pool)
- 410-448-6421 (for patients with neurological needs).