Classes & Events
There are a series of classes and support groups that are open to patients, caregivers and the community. Classes focus on prevention and wellness.
Support Groups are specifically tailored to the specialized needs of patients who have undergone a life changing event and rehabilitation process.
Living Well Workshop
Free six-week workshop for people with chronic conditions and their family members and/or support person(s). Each session builds upon the last to help you set goals, make action plans, and improve your life. Learn how to manage fatigue and pain, communicate better with your doctors, decrease your frustration, eat healthy and regain control of your life.
- Dates: Wednesdays, May 16 – June 20, 2018
To register, or for more information, please call 410-448-6320 or 410-596-6680.
Amputee Walking School
Appropriate exercises to increase your abilities in walking!
- Date: September 19, 2018 from 5-7 p.m
- Presenters: Todd Schaffhauser & Dennis Oehler
- Participants: All persons with amputation. Come to watch even if you do not currently have a prosthesis!
- Reservations required. Register for the Amputee Walking School
For more information, please call Sheila Schaffer at 410-448-6802.
UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
2200 Kernan Drive
Baltimore, MD 21207
Advanced Gait Training for Individuals with Lower Extremity Amputation
This course is designed for physical therapists. After training for the first portion of the day, participants will work with amputees from 5-7 p.m.
- Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 from 1:30-7 p.m.
- Cost: $50-$100
- Register here
Spring Golf Clinics
This event is run through our Adapted Golf Program.
- Clinic I: April 18, 25; May 2, 9, 16
- Clinic II: May 23, 30; June 6, 13, 20
- Cost: FREE
- Register by calling 410-448-6320
- View the spring golf clinics flyer
Wheelchair Basketball Clinic
Learn the basics of wheelchair basketball at our skills and drills sessions.
- When: Monday evenings, June 4–Aug. 6, 5:30–8 p.m.
- Cost: FREE
- Register by calling 410-448-6307 or email Mike Henley
- Learn more about our wheelchair basketball clinic
Come one, come all! Our clinics are tailored for beginner and intermediate players.