Classes & Events
Various classes and support groups, with a focus on prevention and wellness, are offered for patients, caregivers and the community.
Support Groups are specifically tailored to the specialized needs of patients who have undergone a life changing event and rehabilitation process.
Brain Injury Weekly Seminar
UM Rehab patients and families only please.
- Wednesdays: 2:00 – 3:00 pm
TBI Family Conference Room (2200 Kernan Drive Baltimore, MD 21207)
Living Well Workshop
Free six-week workshop for people with chronic conditions and their family members and/or support person(s). Each session builds upon the last to help you set goals, make action plans and improve your life. Learn how to manage fatigue and pain, communicate better with your doctors, decrease your frustration, eat healthy and regain control of your life.
- Mondays, September 9, 2019 – October 14, 2019: 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Spinal Cord Injury Patient Education
UM Rehab patients and families only please
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday; 11:30 am – 12 pm
TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) Family Conference Room (2200 Kernan Drive Baltimore, MD 21207)
Amputee Walking School
Appropriate exercises to increase your abilities in walking!
- Wednesday, April 10, 2109; 5 – 7 pm
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019; 5 – 7 pm
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019; 5 – 7 pm
- Presenters: Todd Schaffhauser and Dennis Oehler
- Participants: All persons with amputation. Come to watch even if you do not currently have a prosthesis!
- Reservations required.
For more information, please call Sheila Schaffer at 410-448-6802.
- UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
2200 Kernan Drive
Baltimore, MD 21207
Co-hosted Amputee Walking School
UM Rehab co-hosts an Amputee Walking School with Dankmeyer Prosthetics & Orthotics in November.
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019; 5 – 7 pm
- Dankmeyer Prosthetics & Orthotics
825 Hammonds Ferry Rd # D
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Advanced Gait Training for Individuals with Lower Extremity Amputation
This course is designed for physical therapists. After training for the first portion of the day, participants will work with amputees from 5 - 7 pm.
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019; 1:30 – 4:45 pm
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019; 1:30 – 4:45 pm
- Cost: $50-$100
- Register here
Spring Golf Clinic
This event is run through our Adapted Golf Program.
- May 15, 22, 29 and June 5, 12, 2019; 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Cost: FREE
- Register by calling 410-448-6320
To register call Pam Cauley, CTRS: 410-448-6320.
Wheelchair Basketball Clinic
This clinic teaches beginner and intermediate level wheelchair basketball skills through drills and scrimmaging. Wheelchair basketball is recognized as a Paralympic sport, and we are pleased to offer this clinic for free.
- When: Monday evenings, June 3 – August 5; 5:30 pm – 8 pm
- Cost: FREE
- Register by calling 410-448-6307 or email Mike Henley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This clinic covers beginner and intermediate level skills of wheelchair tennis and includes skill building and scrimmaging. Wheelchair tennis is recognized as a Paralympic sport, and we are pleased to offer this clinic for free.