Classes & Events
There are a series of classes and support groups that are open to patients, caregivers and the community. Classes focus on prevention and wellness.
Support Groups are specifically tailored to the specialized needs of patients who have undergone a life changing event and rehabilitation process.
Living Well Workshop
Free six-week workshop for people with chronic conditions and their family members and/or support person(s). Each session builds upon the last to help you set goals, make action plans, and improve your life. Learn how to manage fatigue and pain, communicate better with your doctors, decrease your frustration, eat healthy and regain control of your life.
- Dates: Wednesdays, March 7–April 11, 2018
To register, or for more information, please call 410-448-6320 or 410-596-6680.
Amputee Walking School
Appropriate exercises to increase your abilities in walking!
- Date: March 21, 2018 from 5-7 p.m
- Presenters: Todd Schaffhauser & Dennis Oehler
- Participants: All persons with amputation. Come to watch even if you do not currently have a prosthesis!
- Reservations required. Register for the Amputee Walking School
For more information, please call Sheila Schaffer at 410-448-6802.
UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
2200 Kernan Drive
Baltimore, MD 21207
2018 UM Rehab Network Conference: Diverse Topics in Rehab: Get Engaged
The University of Maryland Rehabilitation Network is proud to announce its 2018 conference, Diverse Topics in Rehab: Get Engaged, for physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists.
- Date: March 24, 2018
- Register for the 2018 UM Rehab Network Conference
The Conference Center at Sheppard Pratt
6501 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21285-6815