Call for appointment:410-448-6706 410-448-6706
At the University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute, we believe in empowering our patients’ abilities to reclaim their lives. Whether recovering from a brain injury or other condition impacting thinking skills, our neuropsychology program is here to support you or your loved one.
What Is Neuropsychology?
- Studies the connection between a person’s behavior, emotions and thinking processes (or cognition) and the physical aspects of the brain and nervous system, particularly when there’s been a brain-related illness or injury
- Offers thoroughly researched strategies to improve everyday functioning in the specific areas needed
Why Choose Us
Our program offers thorough neuropsychological testing and evaluation so that we can focus treatment on the cognitive, emotional and behavioral challenges affecting you most.
We then create strategies tailored to each person’s abilities. Our neuropsychologist helps identify your cognitive and psychological strengths and weakness and then works with you to chart your journey to recovery.
Collaborating closely with many different types of specialists at the University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute, our neuropsychological team, led by Tyler Rickards, PhD, delivers a whole-person approach to your care.
When you partner with one of our expert neuropsychologists, you receive the highest quality care on the road to recovery and restoration.
At our main campus in Baltimore County, our program offers:
- Neuropsychological Assessments – We use assessments and feedback to find what are your strengths and challenges and then develop targeted treatment strategies.
- Health and Behavior Intervention Strategies – We offer targeted cognitive behavior therapy focused on developing skills and behaviors that will lead to better cognition and function in your daily life.
- Rehabilitation Psychology Intervention - Focused on recovery and return to work, school or a higher level of self-reliance, these sessions may include help processing recent life changes, using specific thinking strategies, implementing accommodation or focusing on other areas that may have been impacted by injury (e.g., sleep, substance use, etc.).
Your Journey to Recovery Starts Here
Whether you're recovering from a neurological injury, trauma or a chronic condition, our neuropsychology program is here to support you. Discover the power of Neuropsychology at the University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute. Let's unlock your potential together.