Parkinson's Disease Rehabilitation
Call for appointment:410-448-6706 410-448-6706
We provide a full range of therapy services for patients with Parkinson's Disease (PD) in the Outpatient Neuro Departments. Goals of the program include providing high quality, customer-driven, specialized and interdisciplinary rehabilitation, and serving as a source of community contact information and ideas for patients and their families and/or caregivers and support systems.
The clinical focus of our program is on achieving functional goals established for individual patients based on what the patient agrees is important and the therapist's knowledge of evidence-based rehabilitation practices. Goals could include the following:
- Achieving safe ambulation, transfers and preventing falls
- Improving the ability to self-feed, dress, provide personal hygiene and complete other daily living and household tasks
- Increasing the speed and ability to dress, groom, provide personal hygiene and complete other daily living tasks
- Improving the ability to speak clearly and increasing vocal volume
- Improving the ability to safely swallow food, liquids and medications
Our services cover physical and occupational therapy and speech/language pathology, both for patient evaluations and treatments. We are available to provide evaluations for patients newly diagnosed with PD, or those patients with long-standing conditions who may have had prior therapeutic interventions. The number of treatment visits varies but generally ranges from one to three visits per week. In addition, we have a readily available supply of patient educational materials to share without charge.
Please note that we require a physician’s referral and insurance authorization for all services. For further information or to arrange an appointment, please call 410-448-6706.