Why Choose UMMC Midtown Campus
Here are just a few of the many reasons to choose the University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus:
- Nationally recognized by US News and World Report for high-performing programs in Pulmonology and Lung Surgery, COPD, Kidney Failure/Nephrology, and Gastroenterology.
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) Primary Stroke Center.
- Midtown Health Center Primary Care is recognized as a Level-2 Patient-Centered Medical Home, a health care setting that facilitates partnerships between individual patients, their personal physicians, and – when appropriate – the patient's family.
- UM Pediatrics at Midtown is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level-3 Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- The Center for Addiction Medicine is one of the highest Level 1 Opioid Response Centers in Baltimore City.
- The University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology Diabetes Education Program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association, and the Diabetes Prevention Program is certified by the Center for Disease Control.
- UMMC Midtown Campus' Vascular Center has a fully accredited vascular lab as granted by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). The IAC only grants accreditation to those facilities that the commission finds to be providing high-quality patient care, in compliance with national standards through a comprehensive application process, including a detailed case study review.
- The Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
- Awarded 2021 most socially responsible hospital by Lown Institute.
- Expertise in Kidney Care. UMMC is one of four National Polycystic Kidney Disease Research and Translation Core Centers and home to multiple NIH-NIDDK-funded collaborative studies including Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort Study, APOLLO Study, and Caring for OutPatiEnts after Acute Kidney Injury.