Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Staffed by the University of Maryland School of Medicine Pediatric Emergency Medicine team, our Pediatric Emergency Department provides short-term care and/or stabilizes children prior to hospital admission.
Adjacent to the Adult ER, the Pediatric ER is separate with its own triage area, playroom and waiting area.
Getting Here: Location and Directions
In addition to our pediatricians, the pediatric emergency room is staffed with nurses, child life specialists, social workers and others specifically trained in treating children. The pediatric emergency team also provides immediate access to sub-specialty consultations as well as pediatric intensive care units.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - services include outpatient and inpatient, including the Child Day Hospital
- Sexual Abuse and Rape Assessment Center - the site for the evaluation of all children and adolescents younger than age 13 who are suspected of having been sexually abused or assaulted in Baltimore City within the previous five days
- Safe Environment for Every Kid (SEEK) - identifies and addresses major psychosocial problems (depression, substance abuse, intimate partner violence) that families may be facing in a primary care setting
- Care Clinic - provides treatment to abused and neglected children and their families free of charge
- Maryland Child Abuse Medical Providers (CHAMP) - a statewide network of doctors and nurses, experts in the area of child maltreatment
- Child Advocacy Centers - coordinate the evaluation of children suspected of having been sexually abused