Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
Call for appointment:410-328-8336 410-328-8336
The Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine offers continuing comprehensive primary and sub-specialty care to young people from adolescence through early adulthood (12-24 years) with transitioning to adult care for those 25-29.
Treatment is available in a variety of clinical settings, such as the hospital-based adolescent clinic, as well as school-based clinics and community settings. Faculty members have expertise in medicine, nursing, psychology, health education, social work and outreach.
Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine Services
Chronic conditions: Management of complex medical problems and chronic conditions (asthma, chronic fatigue, headaches, diabetes, chronic anemia and other illnesses)
Primary Care: We provide primary care as well as sports, camp, or work physicals for adolescents and young adults.
Trans Care: Our trans health services are for transgender youth and young adults ages 12-24. The Your Trans Care (YTC) specialty program offers primary care and distinctive services for transgender individuals and their friends, family and significant others. Learn more about our trans care at Transgender Family Health Services.
Family Planning: We offer reproductive health services, including contraception options (birth control pills, LARCs) and emergency contraception.
We also provide the following services:
- STI screening
- diagnosis and management
- screening for cervical, breast and testicular cancer
- HIV counseling, testing and treatment
- STAR TRACK (Special Teens At-Risk, Together Reaching Access, Care and Knowledge) is an interdisciplinary program to address the complicated needs of adolescents who are infected with HIV.
- Youth Involvement. (Community Advisory Board) Clients receiving clinic services are invited to quarterly meetings to provide feedback to the clinic regarding services they receive and additional resources or initiatives.
- 737 W. Lombard St., Suite 215
Baltimore, MD 21201