University of Maryland Capital Region Health fosters an environment of resident wellness and resilience. We ensure physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing are prioritized during training. All of our residents can look forward to comfortable hospital amenities and social events held throughout their time with UM Capital Region Health.
- The resident lounge is an open 24/7 area stocked with beverages and snacks to go.
- There is an outdoor garden on the 3rd floor of the hospital, and an indoor meditation room.
An interdisciplinary (pharmacy, family medicine, internal medicine) wellness committee meets on a regular basis to ensure we are reaching our mission.
Residents mingle during holiday events like Thanksgiving potluck. In addition Wellness Wednesdays are a designated time to hang out with residents and faculty and grab a snack.
In 2022 we began an annual wellness retreat focusing on individual wellness activities, teambuilding, and professional development
At UM Capital Region Health, we prioritize our residents and we want you to feel empowered to provide feedback. Throughout the program, we conduct surveys to ensure resident concerns are heard and needs are met to make sure your time with us is enjoyable.
- Important Outside Resources which are 100% confidential in which you can discuss anything pertaining to your professional life or personal life.
- Carebridge Counselling Service: Free & Confidential, 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
- Access Code: RXKY3
- SAMHSA: Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- Crisis Hotline = 988