ER at UM Laurel Medical Center
Do you have COVID symptoms? Understand what types of services are available for patients with COVID symptoms in the ER. Learn when to go to the hospital.
University of Maryland Laurel Medical Center Emergency Room is a freestanding medical facility providing convenient care close to home, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week.
Our patient's often receive care sooner than they would at a hospital-based emergency department.
Our Emergency Department is staffed with board-certified doctors, nurses and technicians who have received advanced training in emergency care. Also, our Emergency Department maintains a close affiliation with local EMS.
- Adult and pediatric emergency care
- Behavioral Health Counselors
- Case Management
Emergency Room Features
- 27 bed emergency department
- 2 Behavioral Health rooms, which allows us to provide security and safety for our most vulnerable patients
- Diagnostic testing (CT and X-ray) in the department
Emergency Room or Urgent Care?
When you or a family member needs immediate medical attention, you may not always need to visit the emergency department. Use this reference guide to help you decide your best choice for care.