ER at UM Bowie Health Center
University of Maryland Bowie Health Center Emergency Room is a freestanding emergency medical facility providing convenient care close to home.
Each year, we serve about 40,000 patients of all ages. Our patient's often receive care sooner than they would at a hospital-based emergency department.
Our Emergency Department is staffed with board-certified doctors, nurses and technicians who have received advanced training in emergency care. Also, our Emergency Department maintains a close affiliation with local EMS.
Emergency Department Features
- Free standing medical facility
- 27 remodeled private rooms
- Extra seating in each patient room for visitors
- Diagnostic testing (CT, ultrasound and X-ray) in the department
Emergency Room or Urgent Care?
When you or a family member needs immediate medical attention, you may not always need to visit the emergency department. Use this reference guide to help you decide your best choice for care.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week