Call for appointment:240-677-3000 240-677-3000
Internal medicine specialists, called internists, are trained in all aspects of adults health. Because internists specialize in adult health, they are very experienced in diagnosing and treating age -related diseases that affect adults and those conditions that result from long term effects of lifestyle choices.
Your internal medicine doctor will get to know you and your health history to help you maintain good health. He or she coordinates your healthcare with specialists as needed (such as cardiologists, orthopedic surgeons or others) and maintains your prescription to keep you safe.
To make an appointment, please call:
- 240-677-3000 - Largo
- 301-497-9990 - Laurel
- 240-677-3000 - Suitland
Your Health Manager
Your doctor works with you to:
- Diagnose and treat health concerns early, before they become serious.
- Educate you about how to prevent disease and improve your health.
- Manage chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes or arthritis.
- Provide preventative care such as physicals, routine tests and immunizations (vaccinations).
- Refer you to specialize when needed.
Since your primary care doctor plays such an important part in keeping you healthy, it's important to find a doctor you trust and feel comfortable with. At UM Capital Region Health Medical Group, our internal medicine doctors take the time to listen and get to know you - that allows us to give you the very best care.
- Annual physicals
- Work physicals
- Flu shots
- Colds, flu, infections
- Rashes, hives, allergic reactions
- Scrapes, bumps, bruises, sprains and strains
- Urologic conditions
- Upper respiratory issues
Chronic Disease Management
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol
- COPD and asthma
- Breast and gynecologic cancer screening
- Family planning
- Well woman exams
- Heart care
- Prostate care
- Medicare wellness visits
- Mental health screenings
Internal Medicine Residency Program
The UM Capital Region Health Medical Group Internal medicine practice has been chosen to participate in the University of Maryland School of Medicine's Internal Medicine Residency program, a three-year specialty training component for physicians who choose internal medicine as their professional field of practice. As part of the program, we actively engage these young doctors in our practice to help further mold their techniques and skills. In our Largo office, your care team may include the residents and your primary physician (referred to as the Attending physician).
- UM Capital Region Medical Group at Largo
- UM Capital Region Medical Group at Laurel
- UM Capital Region Medical Group at Suitland