Meet the Palliative Care Team
For more information call:410-787-4685 410-787-4685
Palliative care is provided by a team of doctors, nurses and other specialists who work together with the patient’s other doctors to provide an extra layer of support. These providers have received specialized training and also include a social worker, a chaplain and other support staff.
Working in partnership with the patient’s attending physician, the palliative care team provides the following:
- Expert treatment of pain and symptoms
- Navigation of the healthcare system
- Guidance with complex treatment choices
- Detailed practical information and assistance
- Integrates psychosocial and spiritual aspects of patient care
- Advanced complex care planning
To access palliative care services at UM BWMC, patients or their loved ones can ask their attending physician for a palliative care consultation. Or the palliative care team can be reached directly at 410-787-4685. The team is available for consults and visits Monday through Friday to meet with patients and their families.