MWBE Program Registration
The University of Maryland Medical System's Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise Supplier Diversity Program works to create mutually beneficial business relationships with diverse local businesses in order to strengthen the communities we serve and create value for our patients. The focus of this program is to provide opportunities to diverse businesses that satisfy our purchasing and contracting standards. Our supply chain professionals are encouraged to identify and include diverse businesses in the contracting process.
To be considered for a business opportunity with UMMS, companies must complete two steps:
- Complete and submit the online Business Profile Form to register your company information, products and/or services.
- Identify your company's status as a small local business, a minority-owned business, or a woman-owned business on the profile form. Certification is not a requirement to register as a minority- or women-owned business.
Inclusion in our database does not guarantee UMMS will do business with your company. As needs arise, one of our procurement officers will be in contact.
List of Documents
Provide one of the following documentation if your company is certified as a minority- or women-owned business:
- Printed copy of your MBE or WBE certification
- Proof of certification your company is a Historically Underutilized Business
- Owner(s) professional and business license(s)
- If not certified, provide proof that your company is at least 51% minority- or women-owned