Minority Business Program Process
To determine if your business is minority-owned, women-owned or a small business, you must answer all six questions below.
Gather the appropriate information to complete the Business Profile:
- Federal Identification Number, or Standard Industrial Classification Code (SIC) or North American Industry Classification Code (NAIC)
- If your company chooses to apply as a small business, provide evidence your company meets the Small Business Administration's size standards in your industry and the principal's personal net worth is less than $750,000, excluding the equity of the business and primary residence.
Complete the Business Profile.
Email the Business Profile Form and all documentation to Supply Chain Contracting CorporateContracts@umm.edu
Direct all question to:
MWBE Program Manager
University of Maryland Medical System
250 West Pratt Street, Ste 1210
Baltimore, MD 21201-1595
- Are business owner(s) U.S. citizen(s)?
- Are any business owner(s) member(s) of any of the following groups: African-American, Indian, Hispanic, Asian-American, or women-owned?
- If the answer to question 2 is yes, do any of the owners identified in question 2 have at least 51% ownership in the company?
- Has the company been in business for at least one (1) year?
- Is your company a for-profit organization?
- If your company is certified as either a minority or women-owned business, provide certification information in Section IV of the Business Profile Form.
- Please read/browse this entire packet before completing the application.
- The application process can be completed in as few as 30 days if you meet all requirements and submit all necessary documentation.