Application - Interventional Cardiology
Interventional Cardiovascular Training Program
Interventional Cardiovascular Fellowship Training Program Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Credentials are reviewed by the program director and selected applicants are invited to participate in an interview remotely (via Zoom) at University of Maryland Medical Center. Confirmation of the intention to participate in the interview is required.
We will begin to accept applications for fellowship training beginning July 2023 via ERAS in December 2021.
The following required application materials must be submitted via ERAS:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (ERAS format is acceptable)
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Each letter should specifically address your experience and skills in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at your University Training Program.
- One letter should be from the chairman or program director of your training program
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Transcript
- ECFMG Status Report( if applicable)
- Specific In-Service, In-Training exam or Board Scores - Not supported by ERAS application.
- Please email directly to KAvgerinos@som.umaryland.edu
- Certification is required via the three (3) parts of the ABIM examination. The University of Maryland Department of Medicine mandates this for all fellowship applicants.
It is not necessary to supply documentary evidence for any information already covered on the application. Specifically, DO NOT send copies of ABIM certificates, licenses, diplomas or publication reprints.
- Please note that a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (www.ecfmg.org) certificate, including successful completion of USMLE Step 2 as well as eligibility for a J-1 visa, is required by matched date for all international graduates.
- We do not sponsor H-1 visas.
DUE TO COVID Interviews will be Virtual.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications received, we do not honor telephone requests to verify receipt of applications or letters. We encourage all applicants to review ERAS applications to ensure completion and follow up with those providing letters of recommendations.
For additional questions, please contact our Academic Coordinator, Kali Avgerinos, at KAvgerinos@som.umaryland.edu or 410-328-8278.