Application - Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
For questions about the Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship, please contact Kali Avgerinos at KAvgerinos@som.umaryland.edu or 410-328-8278.
Fellowship Appointments to the Cardiology Fellowship program are administered under the National Resident Matching Program. Application is made through AAMC Electronic Residency Application Service, ERAS.
NRMP Program Code is 1252141F0.
Required application materials must be submitted through ERAS:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (ERAS format is acceptable)
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- USLME Step 1 and Step 2 scores
Additional application requirements and information (if applicable):
- ECFMG certified at time of application
- Pass scores on Step 2 by matched date
Confirmation of the intention to participate in the interview is required.
Policies and information for applying to University of Maryland Fellowship Programs:
- Fellows Application Process & Applicant Communication Package
- Information and Resources for Accepted Fellows
- International Medical Graduates
- Please note that a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (www.ecfmg.org) certificate, including successful completion of USMLE Step 2 as well as eligibility for a J-1 visa, is required by matched date for all international graduates.
- We do not sponsor H-1 visas.
Which dates will you be conducting interviews this season?
Our interview dates span the month of September and are typically offered on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
What are some of the local hotels in the area that you would recommend?
There are several hotels in the downtown Baltimore area, within walking distance to the medical center. UMMC does not recommend nor endorse specific lodgings, but we do suggest that you ask for any specials that they are running for interview weekends when booking.
401 West Pratt Street, Baltimore MD 21201.
301 West Lombard Street, Baltimore MD 21201.
Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
110 South Eutaw Street, Baltimore MD 21201
Days Inn Inner Harbor
100 Hopkins Place, Baltimore MD 21201