UMMC Convenience Services
A number of services are available to guests visiting patients.
UMMC now offers free Wi-Fi service for use by patients and visitors.
UMMC's gift shop offers a variety of gifts, magazines and flowers, as well as candy, soda and snacks. It's open on Monday through Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., and on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. For more information, call the gift shop at 410-328-9913.
Flowers and Cards
Include the patient's name and room number on the envelope of any card you send. Call 410-328-6971 for the patient's room number.
Our mailing address:
University of Maryland Medical Center
22 S. Greene St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
To reduce the risk of infection, live flowers are not allowed in the Cancer Center or intensive care units.
There is an M&T bank and ATM in the Medical Center (1st floor, Atrium). There is also a Bank of America ATM in the Medical Center (1st floor between the North and South Hospital).
No smoking, electronic cigarettes or tobacco use of any kind is allowed in the Medical Center, including patient rooms and bathrooms. This is a safety issue. Violators will be escorted away from the hospital.
If you are a smoker, the hospital and university have designated outdoor areas where smoking is allowed.
Tobacco Use Is Allowed Outside At These Locations:
- University Plaza Park, across from the Main Entrance of the hospital on Greene Street
- Baltimore Street near Penn Street, UMB School of Dentistry building, under the canopy.
- Redwood and Penn Streets, outside the Shock Trauma Center
- Penn Street behind the UMB School of Nursing
- Street-level deck above the Medical Center Parking Garage, behind the elevator enclosure
UMMC offers free smoking cessation classes through the Patient Resource Center. Source: UMMC Policy No. EOC-003.