Outpatient Addiction Treatment Services
Address & Phone
Phone: 410-328-6600 410-328-6600
Baltimore, MD 21201 Get Directions
Hours and Parking
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5 pm
Located on the first floor of the Walter P. Carter Center near the UMMC Downtown Campus, OATS has a number of different parking options. The closest to us is directly across the street in the Penn Street Garage. Parking here is $9 after validation in our office.
You can also visit us via public transportation. If you're taking the light rail, we're not far from the Camden Yards stops. There are also several bus stops in our vicinity, running on various routes.
One of several UMMC substance abuse treatment programs, Outpatient Addiction Treatment Services (OATS) offers a range of addiction services based on its philosophy that:
- Treatment is based on the needs of the individual.
- Recovery from addiction takes time and support.
- Change is a process.
Clients can participate in:
- Outpatient treatment or intensive outpatient treatment
- Gender-specific group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Case management
- Suboxone treatment (participation in counseling required)
- Mental health services
- Relapse prevention education
- Access to medical care
- Parenting skills building
Counseling services may address:
- Grief and loss
- Empowerment for people who have experienced trauma
- Anger management
The OATS program meets the treatment requirement for Child Protective Services.
Child care is available to clients with children ages newborn to 12 years.
These sessions focus on the needs specific to clients who identify marijuana as the primary drug of choice.