Applications for the NP Fellowship are currently closed. We are not accepting applications until further notice.
Apply for Fellowship position online at UMMC Jobs.
The University of Maryland Medical Center and the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center are now offering a post-graduate, Critical Care Fellowship for Nurse Practitioners either newly graduated or new to the Critical Care areas.
Critical Care Fellowship at a Glance
Focusing on the care of the critically ill, this fellowship allows NP's to rotate through critical care settings such as neuro-critical care, and cardiac surgical critical care. UMMC is one of two hospitals in the country (the other being Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle), to be named the Leapfrog top hospital of the decade. Excellence in Critical care staffing is a crucial component of the Leapfrog certification. Magnet Designation (ANCC) was achieved in 2009.
- Graduation from an accredited Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program (CCNE or NLN).
- Must be nationally board certified.
- Must obtain a Maryland RN and CRNP license.
- Must be able, in an unpredictable fast paced environment, to work weekends, nights, and 40-60 hour workweek, attend all lectures, simulation and clinical rotations.
- Available for interview for a fellowship position in person.