PREP Center Appointments
What You Need to Know
- The appointment may last around 2 hours, depending on who you will need to see in the PREP Center.
- Please allow enough time (at least 30 minutes before your appointment time) to arrive, park and complete registration.
- If you can't keep the appointment or will be late, call 410-328-5750 as soon possible. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will be seen after patients arriving on time, or we may ask that you reschedule for another date.
Things to Bring with You
- Names and telephone numbers for your doctors (primary, cardiologist or others).
- Medical reports, records or test results (history and physical, blood work results, x-rays, echo, stress test reports).
- Completed Preoperative and Preanesthetic Patient Questionnaire
- Insurance cards, prescription cards and referrals.
- Medication list or bottles containing your actual medications for review.
- Advance Directives or Living Will (we have forms available if you need them).
When You Arrive
- Park at the Medical Center Garage located off of Paca Street and bring your ticket. Parking for the whole day is $7.00 (prices may change). Valet parking is available at an additional cost. The hospital is not responsible if your car is towed from a parking meter.
- Stop at the main entrance to receive a visitor's pass. Go to Outpatient Registration at the front entrance. After registration, ask for directions to the PREP Center.
- Check in at the PREP Center Reception Desk and give any documents (including consents, questionnaires, test results or other documents) to the receptionist.
- Let the receptionist know of any other appointments you need to attend in the hospital.
- Have your parking validated before you leave.
PREP Center Packet
Several days before surgery, most patients are referred to the PREP Center for a thorough check-up, which includes taking your vital signs, collecting blood work and any additional tests that may be needed to ensure you are healthy enough for the procedure and for anesthesia. We encourage patients to come to the Medical Center for their PREP work so we can be sure we have all of your medical records easily accessible.
When you come to the PREP Center, you will receive a Preoperative Readiness Evaluation and Preparation (PREP) packet. Your PREP packet may contain the following information for your surgery or procedure. You will also find links to some of these forms listed below.
- History and Physical (H+P) Form
- Laboratory Testing Form
- Anesthesia Information: Make sure to fill out the UMMC Preoperative and Preanesthetic Patient Questionnaire, and bring with you to your appointment.
- Surgical Consent
- Consent for Release of Information
- Ambulatory Procedure Checklist
- What to Expect on Arrival for the Day of Surgery Handout
- Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
- Did U Wash?
- Parking Map
- Advance Directives