Multifocal Neuropathy Study
A randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled CROSS-OVER study of the effectiveness of immune globulin intravenous (human), 10% (IGIV, 10%) for the treatment of multifocal motor neuropathy
Investigators at the University of Maryland are conducting a study on patients with multifocal motor neuropathy. We are recruiting participants at the Maryland site for a 15 month randomized trial to determine the safety and effectiveness of IGIV, 10% on the muscle weakness caused by MMN.
Patients will be reimbursed for the study and will receive free testing and study drug as part of this trial.
Do you qualify for this study?
Please answer yes or no to the following questions:
- Age 30-75 years?
- Prediabetes or early controlled diabetes less than 2 years?
- Otherwise medically stable?
- Have no other cause for neuropathy other than prediabetes or diabetes?
- Walk independently without an assistive device?
- Willing to travel to Baltimore for measurement sessions? This will occur approximately 4-5 times during the 12 month period.
- Willing to complete weekly self-report questionnaires?
- Willing to accept assignment to either training group?
- Willing and able to increase activity level and exercise independently at home?
For more information on our studies, please call Ms. Denise Landrum at 410-706-6689 or e-mail her at CLandrum@som.umaryland.edu.