In order to be as transparent as possible regarding our prices and to comply with the various price transparency regulatory requirements, we have included two separate views of our prices. One reflects the prices for common procedures and services, while the other reflects the hospital’s full chargemaster. It is important to note the differences between these two. Common procedure pricing will often include charges for multiple chargemaster services, and therefore will not be comparable to any single chargemaster item. The common procedure pricing aims to more accurately reflect what a patient’s bill could actually look like for the listed procedures.
Estimated Prices for Clinical Services
If you would like to view estimated prices for your clinical services, choose from the following:
- UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center Inpatient/Outpatient Procedures
- UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center Common Diagnostic Procedures
- UM Harford Memorial Hospital Inpatient/Outpatient Procedures
- UM Harford Memorial Hospital Common Diagnostic Procedures
CMS Price Transparency
To help our patients focus on their healthcare, and to meet a requirement of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, we have included a complete list of the hospital's standard charges. This type of file is commonly called a hospital’s “chargemaster.”
Information to keep in mind:
- Hospital charges posted on this site do not include charges for physician services, often called professional fees, which are separate from the hospital bill.
- Hospital approved rates generally reflect the average price of a group of similar services. Individual service charges are components of the larger group average, and therefore may vary from the price set by the HSCRC.
- Even though the state sets hospital prices by a certain date, hospital charges can change during the year. Charges on individual hospital bills may be different from the charges posted here.
- Individual charges that the patient is responsible for will vary based on insurance provider and insurance plan.
The following files reflect charges by UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center as of January 1, 2019: