Diabetes and Endocrinology Patient Education
For more information call:Bel Air 443-643-3200 or Havre de Grace 443-843-6100 Bel Air 443-643-3200 or Havre de Grace 443-843-6100
Diabetes education is a collaborative process that teaches people to modify their behaviors and successfully self-manage diabetes and its related conditions. It helps people achieve the best possible health status, obtain a better quality of life and reduce the need for costly health care. Our certified diabetes educators will create an individualized education plan just for you.
If you are not meeting these target numbers or are experiencing complications associated with diabetes, you may also benefit from education.
- A1c under 7%
- Blood pressure of 130/80 or lower
- Total cholesterol under 200 mg/dl
- HDL over 50 mg/dl for women and over 45 mg/dl for men
- LDL under 100 mg/dl or under 70 mg/dl if at risk for cardiovascular disease
- Triglycerides under 150 mg/dl
We offer the following education programs:
- Newly diagnosed
- Insulin administration
- Insulin pump therapy
- Yearly review and assessment of diabetes knowledge
- Diabetes self-management training (for people with Medicare)
- Gestational diabetes
- Continuous glucose monitoring
Did you know?Skipping meals and snacks, taking too much diabetes medication, vigorous exercise or drinking too much alcohol can cause you to experience low blood sugar problems.
Nobody has perfect diabetes management. There WILL be bumps and challenges. The important point is to learn from each situation and what you can do to improve your diabetes self-care.