Find a Certified Nurse-Midwife
More and more women are choosing a certified nurse-midwife (CNM) as their pregnancy and childbirth experience partner and as a healthcare provider for gynecological care throughout their lives.
CNMs are licensed healthcare practitioners educated in nursing and midwifery.
A midwife takes a holistic approach, addressing a woman's emotional and spiritual needs as well as her physical needs.
At UM St. Joseph Medical Center, our CNMs provide moms-to-be with warmth and reassurance through every stage of pregnancy.
The certified nurse-midwives of UM SJMG Women's Health Associates have admitting privileges, and they are certified by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
Among the services they provide are:
- Comprehensive prenatal care
- Childbirth support at UM St. Joseph Medical Center, which offers full obstetrical services that include perinatal and neonatal specialists
- Personalized, family-centered approach to pregnancy and childbirth
- Comprehensive care, including education, nutrition and exercise counseling
- Birth planning based on your wishes, including use or non-use of pain medication
Our midwives consult with our OB/GYN physicians if there is a problem that may put mother or baby at risk.