Pulmonary Function Laboratory
The following services are available:
- Complete Pulmonary Function Tests (includes spirometry before and after bronchodilator, lung volumes, single breath diffusion study, arterial blood gases and co-oximetry)
- Any individual part of the Pulmonary Function Test described above as specifically ordered by the physician
- Arterial Blood Gases
- Pulse Oximetry
- Bedside Spirometry (before and after bronchodilator)
- Non-invasive Exercise Testing using Pulse Oximeter
- Flow Volume Loops
- Resting Energy Expenditure (REE)
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
In an emergency, tests can be performed on weekends; however, some notice is required to assure proper coverage by technicians and to obtain written interpretation by the Medical Director of the Pulmonary Function Laboratory.
Outpatients are given the first available opening and are scheduled when the Pulmonary Function Laboratory is notified by the physician's office. A written request specifying the test to be performed should accompany the patient at the time the test is performed.
Reporting Test Results
- Inpatient Pulmonary Function Test: All reports are available on the day performed through the on-line dictation system.
- Outpatient Pulmonary Function Test: The original pulmonary function test is mailed to the physician requesting the test within three days.
7601 Osler Drive, 2 West
Towson, Maryland 21204
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekend On-Call Coverage
- Scheduling: 410-337-1510
- Manager: 410-337-1305