UM Shore Medical Group - Wound Care
Call for appointment:410-820-6500 410-820-6500
UM Shore Medical Group – Wound Care specialists provide comprehensive wound assessments and individualized care plans for you to ensure maximum wound healing.
Our care includes diagnosing and treating non-healing wounds — wounds that have not improved within two weeks or healed entirely in six weeks. These can include foot ulcers due to diabetes, pressure sores, surgical wounds and radiation sores. Treatments range from wound debridement and compression therapy to edema management and skin grafting.
Symptoms of Non-Healing Wounds
Signs of non-healing wounds include:
- Discoloration near the edges
- Foul odor
- Increased drainage
- Increasing or persistent pain
- Redness and warmth
Focusing on your overall health, our care plans may include nutritional assessments, diabetes education, patient counseling and pain management.
Additional Conditions Treated
- Human and animal bites
- Skin irritations
- Surgical wounds
- Tissue and bone damage caused by radiation or infection
- Tissue damage caused by vascular insufficiencies
- Venous, pressure, diabetic, neuropathic and arterial ulcers
- Patient Registration Form, Consent Form and Authorization to Disclose Health Information Form (English)
- Patient Registration Form, Consent Form and Authorization to Disclose Health Information Form (Spanish)