University of Maryland Shore Regional Health and Partner ChoiceOne Open Second Urgent Care Clinic on the Eastern Shore
University of Maryland Shore Regional Health (UM SRH) and ChoiceOne Urgent Care announce the opening of their second urgent care center in Easton, Maryland today, located at 28522-C Marlboro Avenue. The first center—located at 8 Denton Plaza in Denton—opened its doors in May of 2016.
ChoiceOne healthcare providers treat patients—from pediatrics to geriatrics—who need immediate medical care, but their illness and injury might not warrant a visit the emergency room. For instance, a patient can visit urgent care for colds, broken bones, earaches, headaches, infections, flu, lacerations nausea/upset stomach, sprains and cuts. Patients should visit the emergency room if they are experiencing symptoms such as abdominal/chest pain, heart palpitations/attack, loss of vision, severe burns, shortness of breath or uncontrollable bleeding.
ChoiceOne Urgent Care offers:
- Medical providers with experience in family practice and/or emergency medicine
- Care in a spa-like, soothing atmosphere
- Pre-operative exams and sports physicals
- Occupational health services, including pre-employment physicals, drug testing, workers’ compensation and vaccinations
- X-ray, laboratory services and on-site medication dispensing
- Treatment in brand-new facilities with state-of-the-art amenities
- Access to care seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (including most holidays)
- Anytime care, or choose your arrival time online
- Referrals to UM SRH primary or specialty care providers
“The team at University of Maryland Shore Regional Health strives to live our mission of ‘Creating Healthier Communities Together’ by establishing partnerships with other organizations, health care providers and services that support our efforts to make quality health care accessible throughout the region,” comments Kenneth D. Kozel, the organization’s president and CEO. “By partnering with ChoiceOne Urgent Care in Denton and now in Easton, we are afforded the opportunity to offer a patient-centered, high-quality and convenient option for our patient’s in need of urgent care services.”
“One of ChoiceOne’s biggest benefits to our patients is our collaboration with their medical community,” added Dr. Scott Burger, chief medical officer at ChoiceOne. “Not only do we send visit information directly to their primary care doctor, we can help direct them to a specialist or even make an appointment for them before they leave us. Being open extended hours helps physicians rest assured their patients will be well taken care of when they are not available.”
The agreement with UM SRH is ChoiceOne’s third hospital partnership in Maryland. ChoiceOne also partners with the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health and University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center.