Vascular surgeons specialize in diagnosis and treatment of circulatory system vascular diseases, including abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA), carotid artery disease, peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center's Vascular Surgery Center provides care here on the Eastern Shore in Queenstown.
From office-based clinical evaluations to minimally invasive surgical options, our specialists offer a full spectrum of care to patients with vascular issues, including:
- Initial clinical evaluations and consultations for vascular disease
- Detection of vascular disease
- Non-interventional therapy
- Non-invasive diagnosis (ultrasound)
- Exercise programs
- Treatment of lower extremity wounds or ulcers
- Management of diet
- Drug therapy for claudication (pain caused by too little blood flow to the legs or arms)
- Compression therapy for chronic venous disorders