Shore Regional Health Antithrombosis Services (ATS) - Coumadin® Clinic
The ATS Clinic, which is part of the Clinical Pharmacy Services provided through University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, is a nationally recognized service of excellence, which has been providing anticoagulation management to our patients for more than 40 years. Our community health clinic is currently a telemedicine clinic, which means most communication will be done over the telephone, by letter or electronically. Face-to-face appointments for specific anticoagulation management issues can be made upon request. The goal of our service is to maximize the patient's benefit from antithrombosis therapy, while minimizing side effects and impact of treatment on the patient's lifestyle.
Your Shore Regional Health-affiliated physician or Licensed Individual Practitioner (LIP) can refer you to our service, which is staffed by registered, licensed clinical pharmacists who are experts in pharmacotherapy and anticoagulation management. Once referred to our clinic, our staff will assist you in the initiation and follow-up management of your anticoagulation therapy.
We focus on outpatient anticoagulation management of common medical conditions which require antithrombosis therapy, such as:
- Atrial Fibrillation Prevention of DVT and PE after Orthopedic Surgery
- Mitral or Aortic Valve Replacement Deep Vein Thrombosis
- CVA, TIA, Stroke Pulmonary Embolism
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Blood Clotting Disorders
The clinic primarily focuses on the management of patients on chronic warfarin (Coumadin®).
Outpatient Services for patients on Warfarin (Coumadin®)
- Initiation and follow up as outpatient
- Medication review for potential drug interactions
- Patient education on diet issues
- Follow-up monitoring and adjustment of therapy based on individual patient Protime (INR) results
- Evaluation of all holds for procedures and transitions from inpatient to outpatient therapy
- Management of recommendations for adverse bleeding events
- Transition of all patient's therapy when admitted to our hospitals
- Evaluation and assessment of issues with all Emergency Department (ED) visits
Services are available five days a week, Monday thru Friday, to answer your questions. You can reach one of our staff by calling the numbers listed below. If it is after normal business hours, and you need to speak to someone urgently, you may have the hospital operator page the clinical pharmacist on call.
UM Shore Medical Center at Easton
The Nick Rajacich Health Education Center
219 South Washington Street, Easton, MD 21601
ATS Coumadin Clinic: 410-822-1000, ext. 5283