Shore Community Outreach Team
University of Maryland Shore Regional Health's Shore Community Outreach Team (SCOT) serves individuals and families in Kent and northern Queen Anne's counties.
The team's mission is to improve the health of the community by collaborating with community partner organizations to bring health care access and support services to residents in their home and community settings.
Who We Are
The Shore Community Outreach Team includes a registered nurse, a social worker and two community health advocates.
What We Do
Combining expertise in nursing and social work, the Shore Community Outreach Team offers a wide range of services for individuals and families throughout the region. These include:
- Home visits
- Home safety assessments
- Health screenings, including blood pressure checks and diabetes screenings
- Case management for those with chronic illnesses, including COPD, diabetes, heart disease, etc.
- Assistance with completing applications, health information forms and insurance paperwork
- Group wellness activities
- Assistance with telehealth consults with physicians and other clinicians
- Connections to community resources
- Assistance with Advanced Directives
The Shore Community Outreach Team also visits trusted community sites throughout the region, including churches, firehouses, residential care facilities, social and nonprofit entities, to meet with staff and volunteers to collaborate in the creating of health awareness events and resources for the community.
Find Out More
Providers, patients, family members and patient advocates are encouraged to call 410-778-3300, ext. 5646, to schedule an appointment or visit, or to learn more about the Shore Community Outreach Team.